This article is too damned short, Marine! You will help Gruntipedia by so it will fit the screen, fool!
- AH SHIT! Should I leave it in or should I take it out!?
- — A Marine accidentally stabbing himself with the Combat Knife
- That's what she said!
- — Master Chief to the quote above
- Don't worry! I've been taught that when you get stabbed, you gotta pry it out with another knife.
- — Another fellow Marine
- Okay, try two knifes to pry it out... hey, those look like healthy kidneys.
- — A Medic NCO trying to help
This weapon is a black handle which is usually mislabeled as a "combat knife". It has a blade attached at the end, which is a result of unwatched mass production, that is about 8 inches long. All the cool kids have one and the knife is balanced for throwing, unlike those knives with heavy lead handles that have blades made of aluminum foil. Halopedia neglects the knife's awesomeness and pays more attention on "facts". It appears in many novels and on the backs of ODST troops but Bungie doesn't want you to get such a cool weapon and made it impossible for you to get one, even from a dead body.
Knives have been used since pointy rocks have been discovered by Humans. Then, it was a pointy rock on top of a stick to a metal piece. All these inventions never occurred among Brutes, who were just apes until the aliens visited them. Anyways, the knife was found more efficient than a potato when it came to close quarters. Unless... that grenade had a blade on it.